Learn How To Relieve Stress
It’s critical to know how to relieve stress. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, two-thirds of office visits to family doctors are for stress-related symptoms. These are stressful times for everyone and coupled with all the day-to-day stresses, many can easily become affected by stressful symptoms. When you are stressed, your body responds as though you are in danger. Your heart rate speeds up, breathing becomes faster, and you get a burst of energy. This is known as the fight-or-flight response. This response is fine if you are in danger. Imagine feeling this way several times a day for days on end. There is hope, you don’t have to let stress rule your life.
There are so many things that can happen in a day that will make you want to pull out your hair. Consider deadlines, bills to pay, traffic jams, eating on the run, job layoffs, endless chores and errands, and more demands. It seems stress is what most people dread when they get u every morning. That’s the reality for most of us, most days and the reason it is important to know how to relieve stress.
So how does stress affect you physically, mentally, emotionally and socially?
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, here are some ideas to help combat stress:
- Try new ways of thinking. Work on releasing frustration, anger, and worry. Worrying about tomorrow or yesterday wastes precious energy that could best be used to tackle the things you can change.
- Just say “no”. A sure way to add stress to your life is to fear saying no. Learn to set and maintain boundaries.
- Manage time wisely. Keeping to a schedule will allow you to get more done with less stress. Do the things that are most important to you first and schedule others for later.
- Take very good care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, exercise and eat well. A healthy body makes a healthy mind.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It helps to have a strong network of family and friends as support but if you don’t, there are professionals who are available to assist you in managing stress.
Use the above tips to get a better handle on stress so that your life will be more peaceful and relaxed. When you want to make lasting change consistently and effortlessly, please contact Maximum Performance at WeMakeChampions.com to schedule a consultation and find the best program that will be the best fit for you.
Just because these stress-reduction techniques are all-natural doesn’t mean they aren’t addictive.
Mar 13, 2013 … Tired of pulling your hair out due to stress? Get fast relief with these expert- approved tips.
Please remember to share because it could help someone who could need this now.